To qualify for an interview, the following requirements must be met.
- Applicants must be a minimum of 17 years of age. They must be 18 years of age at the time of selection or indenture.
- Applicants must have completed high school, or have a GED, or, in lieu of a high school diploma or GED, have a two-year Associate Degree or higher.
- Applicants must have completed, with a passing grade, one year of high school algebra or one postsecondary algebra course. (e.g. Adult Education, Continuing Education, Community College, etc.)
- An official transcript of high school grades plus GED scores (if applicable) must be received at the Training Center office within 30 days after the completion of an application. To receive credit for college or vocational school, transcripts must also be submitted. Resumes will be accepted and attached to your application. All transcripts must be sent from the schools to the Training Center office to be official.
- Evidence of physical ability to perform normal job duties may also be required. All finalists will be subject to drug screening prior to acceptance.
- To qualify for an interview, you must have a score of 5 or higher on the electrical trade’s aptitude test developed and validated by the American Institutes for Research.
- You must have proof of a valid driver’s license.
- Applications must live in the following counties of Iowa or Illinois. Iowa: Cedar, Clinton, Jackson, Muscatine and Scott. Illinois: Carroll, Henry, Mercer, Rock Island and Whiteside.
Are you a veteran? You can receive even MORE benefits by entering the electrical training program.
How to Apply: An application form must be completely filled out if you want to be considered for the program.
All applications must be submitted online.
A non-refundable Application fee of $30.00 cover the cost of administration must be paid at time of application using a debit/credit card.
Questions call 309.762.3270